Programming Port-Installed Alarm?

Hi, folks.

My wife and I bought a new RAV4, and it has the Southeast Toyota Distributors port-installed "Theft Deterrent System" ("TDS"). This is the one that has the funky hockey-stick-shaped remote that has a larger red button for arm/disarm, a smaller black button for disarm/all-doors-unlock, and a smaller green button that activates the headlights for 20 seconds.

My problem is that it is programmed to only unlock the driver's door when the ignition is turned off. Is there a way to get this alarm to unlock

*all* doors when the ignition is turned off? The only programmable option that is mentioned in the pamphlet is passive arming, and that says I have to take it to a dealer for that one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
VoicesInMyHead

For the factory alarm, one press on the remote unlocks the driver's door and

2 quick presses unlocks all doors. Have you tried 2 quick presses?
Reply to
Ray O

Hi, Ray...

Thanks for the tip, but we're trying to find a way to have the system unlock the doors when the ignition is turned off. Currently, it locks all doors 3 seconds after starting the vehicle (which is good), but only unlocks the

*driver's* door when the ignition is turned off. We'd like it to unlock *all* doors when the ignition is turned off.

Reply to
VoicesInMyHead

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to accomplish. I thought you were trying to unlock the doors with the remote when it is parked. My recommendation is that you ask the dealer where you bought it for advice.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks! We are enjoying it. It was a perfect match for us.

Reply to
VoicesInMyHead

snipped-for-privacy@thank.you (VoicesInMyHead) wrote about their new RAV4:

Wasn't Toyota's tag line, "Oh, What a Feeling", at one time? It's a great feeling when such a big purchase suits your needs to a T. Congrats.

Reply to
ravelation