Re: {BS} New show on ABC tomorrow (Sunday) morning

In message , =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= writes

milquetoast

What's that mean?

Reply to
Clive

Look it up

Reply to
Lookout

In Gregory's case, it means diehard (and well known) REPUBLICAN. Hackiesack wants everyone to think he's being tough on rethugs.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Clive wrote in news:t64h+ snipped-for-privacy@yewbank.demon.co.uk:

Are you familiar with the term "cultural literacy"?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

No , he's not. it's a sign of the times. The under 40 generation have little "common knowledge" any more. Like the conservatives of all ages they read little and only get their opinions from what they hear so they know nothing in depth or not related to their daily lives.

Reply to
Lookout

In message , Lookout writes

O.K. I just did, it means a submissive or timid person, it's a word I'd never come across before so I just thought it American, but now I know differently.

Reply to
Clive

In message , Lookout writes

I'll take that as a complement, even though I've been retired for several years.

Reply to
Clive