Re: greatly morphed - was More troops needed in Iraq...more brains needed in Washington, DC

> > I did a very, very quick Google & found this... glanced through it > super-quickly - looks like it might be at least partially relevant. > (excerpt: "Background: Fourfold to sixfold higher prostate cancer rates in > Japanese-American men in the United States compared with Japanese men in > Japan have been cited to support a role for environmental risk factors in > the etiology of the disease.") > >

Just dawned on me - wasn't paying much attention (obviously!): that was Japanese vs. Japanese-American men, not vs. Japanese men who moved to America.

Here's another one, & seems to be the right populations. But this one - again at quick glance, appears to cite diet as a likely culprit.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I don't pay much attention to news articles.

Reply to
dbu.,

Like I said.....

Turns out to be sushi and McDonald's burgers....

You guys really need to start listening to me...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Hah! OTOH, this was from 2 years ago, & who knows what has been found since then... Would take a lot more Googling. With research, things are always morphing - they often come upon unexpected results.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Ummm... this was a report on a "research study by Urological Sciences Research Foundation." Unless you read peer-reviewed papers in medical & science journals, then news articles which report on those findings - whether in the paper, in Time or Newsweek - or science mags, etc., are the most likely ways the general public is going to come across their findings.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Trouble is those news services pick and choose which parts they want the public to see. I've looked at many of those types of articles. Quite a few originating from GB and Scandinavia. Let me repeat, this is not rocket science any more. Heredity, black men and age are the major risk factors. There have been articles about the type of food you eat perhaps has impact, such as tomatos helps to keep from getting it, so everybody eat lots of tomatos, yea right... Too much fat in the diet might be a factor for increase risk, how much, nobody knows they just think it might be, ect ect.

Reply to
dbu.,