Re: OT Double or Nothing Witless and Joey

Here is the bet!

> > Double or Nothing > > As soon as the last of you posts their acceptance.... > > All three will remain off the NG for a week. > > Start time is time of post of the last one in. > > Stop time is 7 days later. > > I'm sure....since you guys don't seem to have a life that you won't > take me up on this. > > If you post after accepting and before the end of the bet....you owe > me a million dollars.

This is mighty big of you to give them a chance to redeem themselves. It has become quite obvious they are itching to engage in conversation with you.

My suspicion is even if they do accept your bet they will continue to post with different personas. We have seen JoeSpareBedroom already sink that low before.

Reply to
badgolferman

What I think is pretty sad, even pathetic, is the structure of the "bet" parameters. The syntax, content, and lack of clarity are so befitting that there's little doubt it was written by Scott. Itching to engage? No more than my playing with a bug in a jar.

The effect and assumptions are:

  1. It assumes Joe or I owe him anything other than a bucket of warm spit. He was proven wrong before, I see no reason to believe he'll think otherwise.

  1. Acceptance is possibly some sort of ploy, a transparent one, to gain admittance that someone owes him money. He had help with that one.

  2. Other than saying "double or nothing, there is no mention of cancellation of any alleged debt. Just saying "double or nothing" is insufficient.

  1. Internet gambling within the U.S. is illegal and as such is non-binding.

  2. To accept this "bet" would be to deny this group's denizens of the entertainment of his fantasy postings about this alleged debt.

Funny stuff.

Reply to
witfal

Just went out for the mail. One of the bricks on the wall behind the mailbox said "Tell cousin Scott we said hello, wherever he is."

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
witfal

Oh, come on. He's helping you back out of the original bet with face-saving style. Take him on and you shall be free of his tormenting you. The same goes for the other loser of the bet.

Are you afraid you will lose to him again? Surely you have enough self-control to not post for a week. You and Joey are over 400 posts so far. No one will catch you two for the monthly statistics lead.

Reply to
badgolferman

I'll make you a deal. You stick a shotgun in your mouth and blow the back of your head off in a mall parking lot, but only after alerting local tv stations that you're going to do it. When I see that on the internet (and you KNOW the videotape will somehow "leak out"), I'll give Sot a million dollars.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

He lost. I won. My quoted sources for his stupid apostrophe use are no less, and in fact were more, valuable and accurate than his.

You give him far too much credence. I'm not being "tormented" by him at all. How stupid.

Wrong again, bgm. Again means it happened before.

Of course. I'm leaving the state next month for a week, to attend my daughter's wedding. Let's see. Hmmm. Stay here and post or walk my daughter down the aisle.

Tell you what. Make the week from March 10 to March 17. I personally don't care about any ridiculous contest or "bet".

Stats like this mean nothing to me.

Reply to
witfal

I don't make bets/deals with known losers.

Reply to
badgolferman

We already know that you can't STFU for a week, although it would be a refreshing change from your incessant blather.

Reply to
mack

Hey you old buzzard, why don't you shut up old jsb and his ass-hole buddy whitless.

Reply to
dbu

Looks like another sucker bet for you. Isn't this how you won your first half-million?

Reply to
badgolferman

Bgm, you're starting to sound very similar to an idiot. I really don't think that of you at all, yet to continue believing in fantasy bets and "winning" them is getting reeeeeaaaallllyyy boring.

He lost his bet to me. Period. End of story. As if it were a real bet anyway.

Reply to
witfal

Whitless has a mega ego problem. He plonked me so I know the fool won't see this....LOL.

Of course I can make him see it any time I want, but I'm afraid it will set him off again. We'll leave it at that.

Reply to
dbu

jsb is a hoot and a half. What a wind-bag. Whitless is his lap dog, LOL.

Reply to
dbu

witfal, you are starting to sound like you're on edge. Loosen up and have some fun. Surely you can think of a way to turn this around. At least you have a bit more wit than Joey Boy.

I am on your side with that bet but fortunately I'm not the one who has to pay up.

Reply to
badgolferman

Hello! What do you think I've been doing. I'd pay admission to have this kind of fun.

Already done. Scotty's gone nuts. Dbu is not far behind.

Earth to BGM. Nobody pays up. This is usenet. Controlled chaos. Last frontier. No moderation. No contract. No legal matter.

Just plain old fun.

Reply to
witfal