Re: OT - Drug czar's stepson is a dope-dealing lowlife thug

That depends on how you define "treatment", undoubtedly our definitions differ markedly.

> Sounds like a good choice, for obvious reasons. Our drug policy has been = a > complete failure and a waste of money. Time for a change in direction. Ma= ybe > Kerlikowske will lean more toward funding treatment, which is cheaper tha= n > the military approach we've been accustomed to.
Reply to
bogusmailmark

========================

What is your definition?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The military approach is good at increasing the price of the drugs, keeping the money flowing through illegal channels encouraging organized crime in the US, Africa, Asia and South American, and preventing the money from being taxed. And the military approach isn't working. THey would be much better treating drugs like they do cigarettes and getting a cut of the take. And offering drug addicts help instead of jail.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The military approach is good at increasing the price of the drugs, keeping the money flowing through illegal channels encouraging organized crime in the US, Africa, Asia and South American, and preventing the money from being taxed. And the military approach isn't working. THey would be much better treating drugs like they do cigarettes and getting a cut of the take. And offering drug addicts help instead of jail.

Yep. And based on some recent reading, the arms we give or sell to the Mexican police end up in the hands of the drug gangs anyway. It's creating a whole new security nightmare along our border. Our tax dollars are funding it. At some point in the next year, I expect to hear some of our elected morons yelling about how we need to continue "the wall". Both expenditures will continue: The arms to the south, and the building of the wall. 20 years from now, we'll find out that the contractors for the wall were some senator's relatives.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom