Re: OT Gun Free Zones? Who has the guns? Liberalism Kills!!!

If I had the money and the time to hunt one down, I would love to have an original 1911 made by Union Switch and Signal. Aren't they the rarest of the wartime 1911's?

I once owned an M1 carbine made by IBM. I bought it as a novelty because I once worked at the IBM plant in Lexington. I wish I hadn't stupidly sold it-- no telling how much more it would be worth today.

I wonder if the Browning marked guns are worth less or more then their SIG equivalent ? Regardless, I agree with you: it's hard to find a better shooter in a production gun (although I suspect your Les Baer would beat it).

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Actually, no. It doesn't. If a lunatic wants a gun, he'll find one, legally or otherwise.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They are among the most rare. I'm unaware of the number produced, but the Singers were supposedly at only 499 made. About ten years ago I heard of one fetching $20,000 at auction, though I didn't confirm that story.

The most rare were supposed to have been made in Canada near the end of WWI, by North American Arms in Quebec. (no relation to NAA today). Fewer than 100 were made. It was an odd gun with the serial number on the slide, and was never adopted by the U.S. military.

I have a friend who purchased, from a war-widow, an Ithaca still in the wax paper and cosmoline, for $250.00. (!) It was an armory-built gun, so does not have the value of an original, but still fairly rare and in perfect condition. It hasn't been fired since the armorer built it some time late in WWII.

I suspect there'd be more value to one than a P220 of the same period, but likely not too much more.

It's pretty tough to beat a Baer pistol, but to compare it to a mil/police service gun, out of the box, really isn't fair. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

As I've said whitless, you've been insulted numerous times. I can tell you're a proud person. Witness whitless.

Reply to
dbu