Re: (OT) Octuplets born in California

This is an astounding case by any measure.

> > The mother is a single woman with 6 other children. These 8 new babies gi= ve > her 14 kids.

Good! I see you had to either take off the shoes on a foot or take out your calculator.

She was artificially insiminated with 8 new embryos, with no > husband in sight and 6 other children that she already has. > > What sort of doctor would even take a case where an unmarried woman with = 6 > kids wants to be fertilized? Argualby, an unmarried woman with no kids mi= ght > ask to be fertilized, but there are 6 kids already!

How many kids there are are not the doctor's business. Nor is the parentage of the kids or the lady's lifestyle.

I suspect that 8 embryos (or fewer if there were monozygotic twins) were implanted to help ensure *one* baby. The other seven probably were not planned. At least we know that they were wanted (well, at least one).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I got my "garbage" in medical school. Where did you learn your "garbage?"

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

14, no husband, she cant work, who pays. And there will be money for college. med, dental, etc? What a dumb ass.
Reply to
ransley

I'm with you on your first question. I may have missed this but why was a single mother who already has 6 kids implanted with 8 embrios/ eggs/ whatever? Now for the politically incorrect question - who supports this women?

Cathy just posted information about the fact that multiple embryos are used to increase the odds of getting one to work. It's a normal part of the procedure.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

WIth SIX kids ALREADY, no SANE doctor should have had ANY part in a fertility treatment. Absolutely NO public money should have been spent in such a case. No one has ANY RIGHT to have that many children unless they are willing to pay for every cent of their upbringing, INCLUDING education.

Reply to
Sharx35

That's a separate issue. In this branch of the discussion, we are talking about why multiple embryos are introduced.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom