Re: {OT}US protests 'harassment' by Chinese vessels

> I was US Navy 1982-86 and seen quite a few behaviors on the high seas. > One particular comes to mind. I served on board an aircraft carrier and > we were given permission to go for a swim off the aft end in deep water. > Russian trawlers were always a common site near carriers closer to > shores, they get as close as they can & steal our garbage. Long story > short, while everyone was swimming the trawler proceeded to throw their > trash in the water at a not to far distance........Suffice to say, > sharks did come.......;0)

For situations like that, warships should have one set of guns that fires enormous paintballs for great distances.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Quite a few other stories the general public is not aware of that happens on open seas & military in general........;0)

Reply to
ByTor

The news said it was unarmed, but I'm not completely sure. A high value item such as that ship and in unfriendly waters would surely have been shadowed by a USN attack submarine, or perhaps aircraft close by, me thinks.

Can you imagine what a coup it would have been for the China Navy to have captured that ship and taken it into their port for strip-down of all the sensitive gear and parading the crew as criminals etc. The humiliation factor would have been enormous for the obama regime.

Reply to
dbu'