Re: Something from a UK friend

Don't know if true but I think it is very good and just wish I had

> that speed of thought. > > > An incident occurred in a supermarket recently, when the following was > witnessed:

Sounds like a crock to me.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Just one problem: The guy blamed "her countrymen" for the mess in Iraq. Nonsense. We eliminated law & order, and we created a power vacuum. On a smaller scale, the same thing happened in New Orleans during Katrina, and the results were similar. I'd say that any idiot could predict this, but one particular idiot didn't, and a lot of idiots still don't.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As do I. If third-world countries were inhabited with individuals with the balls to stand up to two-bit dictators of any political persuasion, the history of the world would be quite different.

Reply to
witfal

It's been American as well:

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

An *old* crock with many versions. When in doubt theres Snopes.

Reply to
F.H.

Irony meter creaking.......

Reply to
F.H.

Ops! Beat me to it.

Reply to
F.H.

There are plenty of examples, like the woman who went to the school to complain about the Jell-O and THEN complained about the Christmas decorations. They got rid of the Jell-O (because of her *TWO* sons) and the Christmas decorations.

I will GLADLY pay *HER* airfare back to the Sand Dunes...

Let's see anyone here go to Iraq or wherever and complain about such bullshit and get away with their skin...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

The fact that primates are so easily agitated into irrational fantasies is the bread and butter of Faux Noise.

Reply to
F.H.

Give that man a cee-gar.

Reply to
witfal

How much have you donated in money or blood, Witless, to help spread brass balls around the globe?

Reply to
F.H.

Oh, yeah. A friend forwarded this story to me a few days ago, and it took place in an American supermarket where the cashier had a US flag on her uniform. Somebody has a vivid imagination, and tells a good story. But's it's as fictional as a John Grisham novel.

Reply to
mack

For those whose imitation intellect is fed only by indignation it serves the purpose. Lynch mob mentality.

Reply to
F.H.

Unfortunately, that's true.

Natalie