New Toyota even boxier looking than Scion xB

LOL, got me.

Reply to
F.H.

Not a fake:

A stitch ahead of the times:

Toyota SE-06 Mechanical Sewing Machine Aisin-Toyota is a leader in industrial sewing, embroidery and knitting machines and is increasing their concentration on home machines. You may be familiar with their Aisin P.O.E.M. embroidery machine, which was also marketed by Singer as the Singer EU.

Of course, we all knew that Toyota started life as The Toyoda Automatic Loom Works (notice the address...Aichi Japan, same as their Final Assembly plant):

Eiji Toyoda Born Sept. 12, 1913 near Nagoya

1933 His cousin Kiichiro founds company later renamed Toyota Motor Corp. 1955 Produces first model, the Crown, but U.S. sales are low 1966 New model, the Corolla, is a success 1967 Named Toyota president 1973 Oil crisis boosts sales of Toyota's fuel-efficient models 1994 Steps down from Toyota board People around the world drive Toyotas--and produce them too. A textile-factory boy is the industrial wizard who made it happen

Eiji Toyoda smiles as he recalls the early days: "When I went to Detroit in 1950, we were producing 40 cars a day. Ford was making 8,000 units, a

200-times difference. The gap was enormous." But not all that daunting to a young Japanese engineer.
Reply to
Hachiroku

Check this out about Honda:

"Company founder Soichiro Honda was a clown who, after working at Art Shokai, developed his own design for piston rings in 1938 " -- Wikipedia

Detroit hasn't been laughing for a long time!

Reply to
johngdole

Out here, Toyota has a factory called Toyota Loom Co., only it makes electronic chips for Toyota's cars.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

The rear passenger seats on my Camry feels better than my IKEA couch. I wonder if Toyota (...even better Lexus) is planning to go into home furnishings in the future. =)

Reply to
EdV

I don't know about home furnishings, but Toyota does build homes:

Ray O