Re: The sky is falling

Wrong answer. While some may interfere, some amplify. IOW, they add TO the drugs effects.

You're smart enough to figure out why.

Reply to
witfal

You know what? Unless you can actually provide evidence that herbs actually help evidence, I am not going to waste my time with you.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Show me where I personally claimed they did? I only cited what people are being told by their doctors/pharms. I'm not advocating herbs, but I think the jury is still out as to whether or not they do good.

Now **I'm** done wasting time with YOU on this subject.

Reply to
witfal

Some are in my family, but they're all MDs, and they learned outmoded Eastern medicine only to placate ignorant patients so they could get them to accept treatment with real medicine.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Other practices will not be proved effective because they don't do rational research and have made almost no advances at all in thousands of years, unlike what real medicine has accomplished in just the past few centuries.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Willow bark can help relieve inflamation and pain and is now synthesized as aspirin, and quinine can treat malaria. Most of the beneficial and harmful effects of herbs have been discovered by the conventional scientific medical establishment, not by herbalists.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

They're junk, and sometimes lungs collapse because of acupuncture.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Traditional doctors have long practiced holistic medicine, and that is why the receive 12-16 years of training. It would be possible to teach a person to treat only a very few conditions in much less time, even some major surgery (in as little as 2 months), but those people would be lost if they practiced alone and encountered patients who deviated even slightest from norms.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

It's one thing to be open-minded; it's another to have a big hole in your head.

Chiropractic places great emphasis on proper spinal alignment to prevent nerve pressure on the spinal cord, but the spinal cord isn't highly sensitive to misalignment, unlike an acoustical musical instrument or microwave device, where even slight deviations in size or shape can noticeably affect operation.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Nope - because I can't. I can't prove that the sun will come up today - I've never seen the math that proves that it will. But yet I plan on getting up and going to work. How arrogant to say that it doesn't work because I can't prove it. I take it you don't believe in God either, and I am unscientific because I do.

I explained that in a recent post. Once they invoke socialized medicine, it is a crime to pay your own way and bypass the government system that is set up. You're pretending not to have known that.

Bill Putney

You're kidding, right?

Bill Putney

You won't admit that traditional medicine kills people? You haven't heard of the recalls on ones that have been made available to the public becuase people died from taking them? You didn't read about the NIH study that was recently stopped because over 200 of the people in the study died? I don't think that's a reason to condemn all of traditional medicine, but there is a double standard in this regard when it comes to denigrating alternative medicine.

Some guy turns blue because he made his own colloidal silver and took it every day for over 12 years, and Dr. Dean Adelle says "See - that's why I say to stay away from this type of stuff." It *is* a very dishonest double standard.

Bill Putney

Of course not. Show me one field of alternative medicine where most of the practitioners received at least half as much formal training as MDs and DOs do.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Traditional medicine kills at least 100,000 people a year in the US alone, mostly through infection.

I have.

No, but I have heard of other studies that were halted because of deaths.

Traditional medicine does a great deal of harm but a greater deal of good. Alternative medicine, at best, doesn't do any good.

With what was Dr. Adell making his comparison? There can't be a double standard without at least 2 different things. BTW colloidal silver was part of conventional medicine before the discovery of modern antibiotics but is now considered obsolete and recommended only by a few practitioners of alternative medicine.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

And how many does non-traditional bullshit "medicine" allow to die that could have been saved by real medicine?

Reply to
Steve