replacing bulb on 97 tercel

Hello. One of the headlights on my tercel just went out. I'd like to replace it, but don't see how to get the spent lightbulb out. I'd refer to a manual, except I don't have one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
tom24_ca

Ok, I managed to unplug the headlamps by pressing on the rubber tabs...now what? How do I get the actual bulb out??

Thanks Tom

Reply to
tom24_ca

tom24 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Is there a knurled ring around the bulb? Turn it counter-clockwise about

1/8" turn and remove it. The bulb will pull straight out after that. It will be a tight fit.
Reply to
TeGGeR®

Twist the ring behind the headlight assembly counter-clockwise about a quarter turn and pull straight towards the back of the car. Make sure you don't touch the new bulb with your bare hands or fingers.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
tom24_ca

It should be there; at least it's there on every other car I've looked at. The ring will be about 2 or 3 inches in diameter, it might be easier to see if you bend over and stick your head in the engine compartment and look forward at it instead of down at it from the top. The ring does not hold the wires. It holds the bulb in place.

If you still have a problem removing the old bulb, ask someone at the dealership or parts store where you get the bulb to show you. It should only take a minute to swap bulbs.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
tom24_ca