Snow tires? 2003 Corolla

My '03 Corolla is over 4 years old, bought February 2002, one of the early ones, but only 33,000 miles on original tires.

We're in the Northeast, it's slick almost every day once we get below freezing, tough getting around. I'd have to get snow tires all-around. Been fine in snow so far, it's the icy glaze-on-snow that makes it more fun. This has been on my mind, I'm thinking I should just go for snows.

I'd appreciate any advice and tire recommendations.

Thank you

Peggy

Reply to
mmward

Bridgestone Blizzaks are good for ice/snow. For a less expansive alternative, Mastercraft Glacier Grips are good, too. For snow, Hankook makes a model called i*Pike.

Where are you? I'm in Northern Mass and work in Southern Vermont. I haven't bought anything yet, but I have had the Glacier Grips, and the i*pikes are new.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Another vote for Blizzaks. My ex has been using them on her car for years. They're noisy, but they definitely work.

My mechanic does a lot of cross country ski racing, which requires travelling some back roads that are not always plowed nicely. So, he's got Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 tires, with studs. He uses it as his loaner car. I've driven it. These are seriously good tires. The company makes two better ones as well. If you're in no mood for nonsense, you should check these out.

JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
Wolfgang

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:17:45 -0500, mmward wrote: My '03 Corolla is over 4 years old, bought February 2002, one of the early ones, but only 33,000 miles on original tires. =A0=A0We're in the Northeast, it's slick almost every day once we get below freezing, tough getting around. =A0 I'd have to get snow tires all-around. Been fine in snow so far, it's the icy glaze-on-snow that makes it more fun. This has been on my mind, I'm thinking I should just go for snows. I'd appreciate any advice and tire recommendations. Thank you Peggy Bridgestone Blizzaks are good for ice/snow. For a less expansive alternative, Mastercraft Glacier Grips are good, too. For snow, Hankook makes a model called i*Pike. Where are you? I'm in Northern Mass and work in Southern Vermont. I haven't bought anything yet, but I have had the Glacier Grips, and the i*pikes are new.

I'm just south of Boston, but drive in town to work, so it's a mix of local, expressway, and Boston streets. Thank you for this information, really helps.

Peggy

Reply to
mmward