'92 Toyota Cressida

My daughter just picked up a 1992 Cressida. I have been trying to figure out something that should be simple...how do you replace the air filter?? I released the 3 clamps, but the rest doesn't seem to move in order to gain access to the filter. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to force anything and wind up breaking something.

Reply to
egambino

The air filter housing will sometimes stick to itself. When you release the clamps, just flipping them is not enough. You have to unhook the clamps so that the upper and lower sections of the clamp are completely separated before the housing will release.

Reply to
Ray O