Spare for 2006 Sienna LE FWD

I'm buying a FWD 2006 Sienna LE (that comes with a spare). I have a couple of temporary spares in the garage (from GM cars, I think) that seem to accomodate assorted lug patterns since they have many holes about an inch apart.

Does anybody know if they'd fit the Sienna? Are these rims for temporary spares universal? If they'll fit, I may as well keep them around in case I need them one day.

Reply to
jeffg

There is no easy way to tell if the temporary spares in your garage will fit the Sienna without knowing what size the temeporary spares and the regular tires on your Sienna are.e

I have never checked the sizes on temporary spares, but I doubt if they are univeersal because of differences in wheel and tire diameter and bolt patterns.

Reply to
Ray O

Which is why Jeff mentioned that the rims were multi-drilled in the first paragraph. ;-P As in 10 holes instead of 5, with two different bolt circle sizes. It might even have a set of holes aligned for a 4 or 6 bolt pattern thrown into the mix also.

(I have a friend who at one time owned a Quadravan 4WD conversion with a 6-bolt Dana axle grafted on up front and the factory 5-bolt Chevy rear end. Came with mag rims, and one multi-drilled mag rim for the spare that fit on either end. No tire rotations unless you wanted to dismount and remount all the tires.)

If you can find any manufacturer and sizing codes stamped on the temporary spare rim, you might be able to call the maker and trace down a spec sheet that lists all the rim profile codes it will fit. But since you aren't a car maker looking to buy 50,000 rims, don't hold your breath waiting for the response.

The only quick and easy way to know for sure whether it will fit on the car is to try it on for size - get a floor jack and a set of chock blocks and do it at home. Try the rim on both ends and see whether the rim fits and everything clears, get an inspection mirror and a flashlight to check around the caliper and drum, and all the suspension bits.

And make sure the load ratings are proper for the car you are trying it on - overload one of the temporary spares, and since they're very thin 2-ply designs I'll bet it's a LOT less forgiving of abuse before it heats up and blows.

Because when the spare pops, now you're REALLY in trouble...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman