Steering/Suspension Problem - 95 Camry

Hello Folks-

My 95 Camry (130k) is making an odd dragging noise when I turn right. It is very subtle but defintely there, and started the last couple of days. Right now I could pop it up on jack stands, take off the tires, and start poking around but I was hoping some kind souls out there would be able to give me a few tips as to what to check rather than blinding fumbling around. Anyone...Anyone.....Bueller? =)

Blake

Reply to
blake18

A dragging noise or like a clanking noise? Because I noticed that in my 93 that had similar miles...

Reply to
Go Mavs

Your CV joint is probably shot. Look at the rubber boot covering the joint and see if it is torn and grease has leaked out. This is a common occurence for that Camry design. I went through three half shafts on my 1994 Camry.

Reply to
badgolferman

Sounds are difficult to diagnose without hearing them first hand. Check the CV joint boot as badgolferman suggests, check the rotors for signs of damage from a sticking caliper, check the wheel bearings for unusual play, and check to make sure the fender liner is not rubbing on the tires.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for the information, I realize sounds are hard to diagnosis from a verbal description, I just needed ideas to help focus my work

Any additional ideas would be warmly welcomed!

Blake

Reply to
zachenos