Supra with Dodge V8

I have an 87 Supra and a Dodge V8 in my garage. I would like to put them together. The supra engine was rebuilt years ago but the electrical hook-up after the rebuild didn't work for the previous owner. I'm hoping to sell the engine for enough to put in the dodge. I feel it is`a simpler engine and would like the torque increase. I thought the transmission would bolt to the dodge but found out only the turbo trans bolts directly via a dokota bellhousing. Any know of a way to use the w58 trans with a dodge v8? I'm not looking for a big power increase so the w58 is adequate. I think the bolt pattern is different from the r154.

------------------------------------- | | | _ | _________|__( )__|_________ x/ _| |( . )| |_ \x |_| ---*|_|

Reply to
stewgibb

There's no easy way to put the Dodge V8 in the Supra. Not only don't bolts line up, but I wonder if there is enough room in the space for an inline 6 to fit a V8. You're talking about fixing a 25 year old car. Either fix properly with the right parts or don't fix it at all. Otherwise, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Reply to
Jeff

I have an '87 Supra and a 318 Dodge engine in my garage. I would like to put them together to have a simplier engine with more torque. However I understand only the turbo r154 trans bolts up with a Dakota bellhousing. I think I have the other trans. Anyone ever mated a dodge v8 to the w68 trabs? The supra engine was rebuilt years ago but never used because the electrical components weren't right. I would like to sell the engine for enough to do the conversion. Does any of this make sense?

Reply to
stewgibb

We heard you well enough the first time. Don't multi-post the same question.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know