Tacoma Dash Removal

1997 Tacoma. I need to remove the dashboard to replace my check engine light. Any idea how to remove the dash? Does it unbolt or snap off? Its just not possible to reach from behind the dash.
Reply to
caseype

Take off the hood and pull the engine and tranny out. You can get to it through fire wall without going to the trouble of taking out the dash ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Must be something like the very old Volkswagen Bug...to remove the carb you gotta remove the intake manifold, to get that off you gotta take off the exhaust manifold...aaand to remove THAT (you guessed it) the carb has to come off...this is true...you have to 'loosen' each a bit in turn till you get the whole shebang off almost together....NOW the fun starts...getting the damned things all started back together at the same time...I'll bet those German Engineers pissed themselves over this...

I certainly learned a few curse words that even *I* didn't know, prebug...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Three of four screws at the top of the Instr. Panel shroud. Remove the screws and the shroud. You will probably have to remove the loewr dash cover also. Then look for 4-5 screws holding the cluster in. It helps to loosen the steering column also.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Replace the Check Engine Light? Are you sure?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland