Today was my last day at the dealership

Good bye Toyota! I'm off to San Antonio in a couple of weeks for Airforce BMT (sliding in 2 weeks under the age limit!), then I'll be getting into aerospace propusion systems. I do love Toyota and all, but the old otto cycle doesn't really do it for me anymore. Also, if that nutty bitch with the licence plate that says "Sludge" on her Sienna comes in and VIDEO TAPES me changing her oil (no joke) one more time, i'll hit her square in the nose with a 24mm socket. Get a life... So anyway, thats that. I do dig most of the folks in this forum, and I'll miss chatting all the time. RayO is the go-to man for all inquiries(for those that don't already know), HachiRoku owns about 30 different 15 year old Toyotas that he always tries to swap transmissions between, and Scott from Florida has a vague political affiliation, I forget which one. Toyotas are great cars, though the current model lineup does about as much for me as the appliance section at Sears. Hopefully they'll find their way once again with the new Supra. And kudos to all the DIYers brave enough to drive past all the chain lube shops to buy a manual and give it a whirl on your own.

Reply to
qslim

Hey, good luck at Lackland. I actually has fond memories of the place. I don't envy you being there in this heat wave, but I do envy the excitement of joining the blue. If you have any questions about basic, or the AF in general, I'd be happy to oblige.

*snipping on-topic stuff* ;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

What do you mean "heatwave"? My recruiter said it was supposed to be nice this time of year! :)

Reply to
qslim

Thanks, I appreciate it. Do I remember correctly from a conversation a while back that your son is in the USAF?

Reply to
qslim

Then it is cold in Texas now.

Recruiters never lie....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

And did they tell you about the condos?!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Like the Navy recruiter that told #1 son that he would be working in nice, clean, air-conditioned spaces as a gas turbine technician, not at all like the pizza kitchen he had just quit because it was too hot even in March in Chicago and that the Navy no longer had boot camp? #1 son believed that there was no boot camp up until his duffel hit the sidewalk at Great Lakes, and that the turbine room in a FFG would be a comfortable work place until he went belowdecks at Pascagoula.

Reply to
Ray O

I know that you will have the best of success in the Air Force - thank you for taking up the challenge!

Don't be a stranger, your help and advice will always be welcome!!!

Reply to
Ray O

Hot Flash: When the recruiter tells you the time, check your watch.

;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

LOL....

One of my jobs in the Navy was to make sure the primary voice communications with the landing pilots was up and operational.

The space the equipment was located in was air conditioned, but it was located in the Island...a hell of a long way away from my sleeping area. ....and the air boss would only let us work on the transceiver at 4 am.

My recruiter didn't mention working all night...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Nice and hot.

Anyway congratulations on your joining the U.S.A.F which I was a member of years ago. You will enjoy it, especially if you can get on flight status with a C-130 specter crew as a gunner in Iraq. They may be running out of targets though, bummer.

Reply to
dbu.

Keep a low profile and do as you're told by the TI. You will have to learn to shine your shoes real well and make an extremely tight bed. I imagine by now you know the difference between your right and left feet so you ought to do okay in marching. Say goodbye to your hair, quietness and any privacy. Learn practical jokes so you won't be the brunt of them. Good luck and thanks for your service here and for our country.

Reply to
badgolferman

And you'll have to fold your underwear into perfect corners, space your hangers exactly, and those well-shined shoes will have to be perfectly aligned under your bed (I always got gigged on that one)

Important point. I *thought* I knew the difference, but couldn't get the hang of 'by the left flank' - dunno why. Everything else was golden; in fact I called cadence during most of tech school. (I even became a yellow rope - you'll find out what that is)

We girls get to keep ours :-) Looks like shit, but it stays...

You will absolutely hate that hiss over the PA right before reveille.

Short-sheeting was the most popular one in my squadron. And don't believe the two-airmen-caught-screwing-in-the-dumpster story. I wouldn't recommend trying that, though.

What he said

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Noooooo! You have to stop in time to time!! If only for MY sanity!!

LOL. See your statement below. That's WHY I own the Older Toyotas! (and, swapping STEREOS would have been a better choice! Done 1 Transmission, and about 30 radios!)

This is certainly agreed with by me! I've been calling them 'Appliances' for a few years now. The Celica was the last fun one, No Longer For US Sale...

Reply to
Hachiroku

If this bothers you, just think what it's going to be like with EVERYONE watching over your shoulder!

I missed the part about SIGNING UP!, I thought you were a Reservist!!

Good luck to you, and thanks for what you've done here in the past, and what you will do in the future!

And, don't be a stranger! (Gives a salute.)

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you guys and gals are going to reminisce, let me tell you how we did it in the Army Air Corps 1941-1945. Oh forget it things may have changed since then and I have forgotten what I did anyway. Good luck.

Reply to
Charlie

lol 'may' have changed?

You're funny.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

If the guys still chase girls I can remember some of that, don't know that I caught many of them though till I met my future wife while serving in the military. Good luck qslim

Reply to
Charlie

Well, as you know, the Army Air Corps is now the Air Force (Two years after you got out), and I'm sorry to say, its ranks are shrinking.

I also met my spouse while on active duty, and the skills I learned from the AF have been invaluable (Both personal and professional). As the old ads used to say, "It's a great place to start."

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I'll try to quote old Latin (yea right) "Illegitimum non corborundum" Ie, don't let the bastards wear you down!

Good luck and my thanks also for your service and contibutions to the "group". let us hear how it is when you get on a "puter!

Ron in California

Reply to
ron