Towing w/ my corolla

I have a 92 toyota corolla all trac wagon. I am wondering if I would be able to tow a 4 x 8 uhaul trailer from VT to OR with it? It has a standard transmission.

Thanks!

Reply to
haschwartz

Anything in the owner's manual about towing?

At least you have fuel injection. I had a heck of a time pulling a heavy trailer up mountains against a strong wind with a carbureted engine...

Reply to
Fishface

4 cylinder - no way. 6 cylinder (if that exists in that kind of car) - it will still be dicey because the car's suspension's not made for towing something like that trailer. And, it's not just an issue of the back end sagging. Rather, you'll find the trailer is controlling the car at times, making it shimmy from side to side, as if a huge hand had grabbed the back bumper and shoved the car from side to side. It's "interesting" to haul a trailer under those conditions. Interesting, as in having an arrow through your head.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom