Toyota envy

Funny you say that. English was the hardest subject for me in school. Did you ever notice that Math and Science guys have the hardest time with English and Literature? I still received straight A's but only with assiduous persistence. I slept through Physics with Calculus and received A's. Nowadays, my employees have to carry a dictionary with them to understand some of things I'm saying.

"I wrote a love letter to my English teacher once. She corrected it and gave it back to me." ------ Rodney Dangerfield

Reply to
Viperkiller

Jealousy I suppose.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Glad to hear you're doing so well :-)

What does "ViperKiller" mean, if I can ask? I was thinking maybe a reference to the car security alarm?

[Yes, I know I shoulda written "may ask" above, but "can ask" sounds better.]

We're all just having fun here :-) You're obviously very smart.

By the way, I got an "A" in both university English Composition AND Math 80 Calculus :-P

Reply to
Built_Well

Ok, it's one of my pet peeves, that and 'loose' for 'lose'...and 'bout a million others... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Thank you!...and honest to God, that 'to' was intentional!...I was going along with Nat's theme there!...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

...and don't forget "you're" vs. "your"

Drives me crazy in chat

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Gawd, I miss Rodney!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Well, at least you got laid eventually.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Jeez, don't get me started now...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Back together again, don't got....

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You're obviously a well educated person yourself. So you're the English Comp person I could have used during high school or college.

I chose "Viperkiller" to say that my car will beat the Dodge Vipers. I attended a race event one day and saw on the parking lot two Dodge Vipers. One had a tag of "RICE KLR" while the other had "JAP KILLR". I was obviously appalled that such impolitically correct tags were allowed by the DMV. I thought it was very acrimonious to not only Asian-Americans but to also to those that drove Asian cars. I'm not Asian but I found those tags still offensive. So I decided to modify my 94 Supra Turbo. The last time it was dynoed, it was rated at the wheels for 660 hp. This is 100% street legal as it still has two cats (so it passes emissions with flying colors) and the noise meter read at 87 dB when it was placed 3 feet behind the muffler during full throttle. My tag now reads "VIPR KLR". At the track, my best 1/4 mile time was 11.4 at 136 mph. The first 3 gears are very traction limited as the rear tires are only 275mm wide. It still gets 21mpg mixed driving.

Reply to
Viperkiller

How about: irregardless.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Sorry, me beign lazy:

Coyoteboy

My your saucy [chuckle].

Don't worry, though, I would Never be interested in a married woman. Though I often have to beat them off with a broom.

Got to beat the gay men off, too, sometimes (but I don't hold it against them, as I don't hold unwanted come-on's against the opposite sex either).

LOL

Reply to
Built_Well

Yow! That sounds like one helluva car.

Reply to
Built_Well

drank/drunk, drug/dragged, dying/dying, desert/dessert, disburse/disperse done/did, dual/duel, drier/dryer... and my favourite!...bring/take...

just a few off the top of my head...a very interesting link is this one:

...it's called 'Errors in English'...most informative!...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Or

"two twins"

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Sneaked vs. snuck - most people don't know 'snuck' is slang

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

*fwap*

PICTURES, man...

Re-read your first sentence there, and chuckle along with me...

Natalie, who sees twisted humor in everything

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Heh, heh. I'll have the last chuckle ;-)

Don't you remember writing:

Reply to
Built_Well