Toyota envy

NO I was talking about blowing off the gay men...oh nevermind

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Got to" as in "Gotta"--sure I coulda used "Have to" but we're using the vernacular here. This ain't a research paper, after all.

Oooh, now I see what you're getting at.

Youz nasty!!

L.O.L.

Reply to
Built_Well

So?...she has it right..("Re-read your first sentence there,")

....'your' is correct in that sentence...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

GORD!

I'm shocked! He was funnin' me and that was the WRONG use of that word! Should be 'you're' as in 'you are' saucy.

Shame, SHAME on you.

I was snarking the bit about blowing off gay guys...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Gordo, don't you remember your reply:

I wasn't targeting your "to/too" but using "me too" when "I also" or "I too" was really called for.

Me too? Would it be:

"Me too corrects the teacher's mistakes."

Or:

"I also correct the teacher's mistakes."

Sorry, again, man, but that was a juicy one! :-)

Juicy, juicy

Reply to
Built_Well

I believe so too. A friend of mine had his rated at 780 hp. But, he no longer has his cats. I don't consider that a street car anymore. Others have gone over 1300hp with the same car nowadays. Those are just outrageous.

Reply to
Viperkiller

1300 horsepower! Wow, I never heard of anything that high. Of course I'm an auto novice, and just beginning to learn about the mechanical equine.

I think the most expensive horseless carriage in the world, the 1.8 million dollar Ferrari FX16 (or something like that) isn't even 1,200.

Reply to
Built_Well

Hey fellow Supra owner. I have a 98 TT 6-speed. Stock, except for a Random Tech hi-flow cat & downpipe, Tannabe cat-back, and Race Logic traction control.

Reply to
dizzy

I think we're talking apples and oranges here Nat...I assumed he was knocking your use of the 'your' in this sentence below:

This 'your' is correct of course!...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

WooHoo! a (clean) double entendre (as it were...) :)

I was so fixated on using the 'to' instead of the correct 'too' that I completely overlooked that error...

Good one!...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Ah...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

...and all along you thought Gretsky was the champion Canadian stick handler?...har har!...

(sorry, couldn't resist...have I got you completely confused now?...) :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

*groan*

My husband is from Massachusetts - of *course* I know who the most famous hockey player of our generation is.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

:)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Bobby Hull?

Reply to
Ray O

*fwap*

I'm not THAT old...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I am!

Reply to
Ray O

So am I. I remember Bobby Hull.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

LOL! I also remember Stan Nikita.

Having lived in Massachusetts for 10 years, I learned that the folks from that area take their hockey very seriously, and that they consider the social contributions of the Esposito brothers to be on a par with Mother Theresa. In fact, people looked at me as if I were a heretic when I admitted that I never played hockey as a kid (how may hockey players of Japanese descent are there in the NHL?)

Since Natalie's hubby is from Massachusetts, I figured I'd spout the name of the first Chicago hockey player that came to mind. It's like getting caught speeding when you don't realize you're speeding - I didn't think it would be a fwappable offense though ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" ...

I've heard of the guy - but he's not from *my* generation.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®