Toyota envy

Thanks. That's one tough truck...

Reply to
dizzy

I realize you're just a spring chicken and I'm not any more, but you don't have to proclaim it to the whole world!

Reply to
Ray O

Aw, come on. I'm not that much older than Natalie, and I know who Bobby Hull is. . . . .

Waiting for the inevitable fwap.

But I bet she doesn't know who Ray Raynor is, nor Chelmford the duck nor Garfield Goose. Those were strictly Chicago local stuff. . . .

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Here's even the kicker to it. It dynoed at 1300hp because that was the limit of the dyno. It could've been more! Look up the Supra Vegas Meeting for 2006.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Oh please, I'm no spring chicken; I'm at least a roasting hen...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

*fwap*

I'm only fwapping you, cuz I *said* I knew who Hull was. The others are a mystery to me.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

*overcome by testosterone fumes*

I love to see males bond.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think I'm only a few years older than you, but I was starting to feel old during climbing instructor re-certification this weekend. Climbing the 50 foot ladder to get to the top of the tower 20 or 30 times during the day for

1,000 to 1,500 feet (100 to 150 stories) of elevation gain didn't bother me that much 5 years ago, but I was feeling a little sore Saturday evening. Luckily, I only had to do it about 10 more times on Sunday - whew!
Reply to
Ray O

O_O You're in way better shape than others half your age, dude. Be proud!

...and hubby never heard of those people Charles mentioned, despite being a total sports nut. Usually, hubby can tell you not only what team a football, baseball, hockey and basketball player is from, but can tell you what position and how *well* they play. He's a man obsessed. Football and hockey he'll always watch, regardless of who's playing, but on the other two, it has to be Boston teams to glue him to the TV.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Natalie,

They're not sports people. They are TV people from WGN channel 9 in the '60's.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

"n5hsr" ..

Well, no wonder he was stumped. Why would you throw *them* in there?!

:-P

You did get him to try to think of who Hull played for, so he asked me to ask you if it was Chicago?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hubby is correct!

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks! I always try to walk at a pretty good clip since I don't coach soccer any more and get very little exercise.

I love a good cup of coffee, and having 2 or 3 cups before we start climbing is one of the reasons I'm up and down the tower so often - huff and puff my way to the top, rig a few ropes, launch a few rappellers, rappel down myself, water the bushes, clip a travel cup of coffee to my harness, huff and puff back to the top to start the vicious cycle over again. One of the reasons I like climbing in natural areas, besides the beautiful views from the tops of bluffs, is that there are usually trees and bushes at the top ;-)

From many years of being a Scout leader, I've learned to put a case of Mountain Dew in the back of the car where the kids can help themselves. It never fails that one of the kids asks to stop before me so he gets the blame for having to stop instead of me!

Reply to
Ray O

And as I read that, and recall some very frank and open discussions with Natalie in the past, a dozen different chicken breast jokes flashed through my head - any one of which if properly formulated and uttered out loud could result in "The FWAP!! Heard Round The World".

And even if Natalie took them as the jokes intended and laughed her tuchis off, someone else out there would more than likely want to take offense on her behalf. So I'm hereby commencing with the shutting up.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks for mentioning that Vegas show. That is one kewl event!

You wrote the winning car hit 1300 on the dyno, the max their dyno would measure. If you're talking about the 2005 winner, the Vegas web site is showing only 1200!

Either way, what an accomplishment...

Hey,this might sound like a strange question, but does either wrestler Hulk Hogan or his son Nick ever hang out on this newsgroup, by chance? According to one of the episodes of VH-1's reality TV show "Hogan Knows Best," they're both Supra fanatics, attending shows and chatting online about everything Supra. Well, actually, Nick is into Supras more than the Hulkster, but a recently aired episode showed both attending some Supra show.

I never even knew there were Supra shows until I saw that "Hogan Knows Best" episode a few months ago! What a newbie, I is!

Reply to
Built_Well

Maybe somebody hit 1300 sometime after that 2005 Vegas show? In which case, there is no typo on your part ;-) The error, then, is on my part.

Reply to
Built_Well

have to proclaim it to the whole world!

during climbing instructor re-certification this

times during the day for 1,000 to 1,500 feet (100 to

was feeling a little sore Saturday evening. Luckily,

Boy the Toyota certified requirement's are tuff...

LOL just kidding.

Reply to
Danny G.

Yup! I let my Toyota certifications lapse because I couldn't attend the factory classes any more and I was too cheap to pay to re-certify in the 8 areas needed to keep my ASE master tech status. The company paid for all that stuff before, and it gave me credibility with the techs who didn't want to follow my advice and with customers. That credibility was very useful when dealing with the customers who read a lot of car magazines or watched their uncle work on cars and thought of themselves as car experts.

One can get a BSA Climbing Instructor Certification in 2 days. It takes at least 5 years to get a Toyota Master Tech Certification yet oddly enough, I seem to have a lot more credibility with my climbing audience than with the automotive audience. I don't know if that is because fewer people have climbing and rappelling experience or because it is such a looong way down when viewed from up above ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Good work!

Wickeddoll

LOL evil, evil man! Well, that's better than what *some* Scout leaders do...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL Nah, I'm used to it.

and as Jed Clampett would say, "Don't hep me."

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®