Toyota Problems, sludging Flairing?

Hi Folks,

I have been reading this )and other NGs) for quite a while now, as well as searched throughout the internet for answers to a few questions. If someone would be kind enough to help:

  1. Does the Camry (namely the 2007 XLE) and the ES350 have flaring and sludging problems still? Where can I find the definitive answers for both the Toyota and the Lexus sedans?
  2. What percentage of all of these vehicles were affected? Reading all of the bad posts would indicate that the problems are epidemic in numbers, but it is not clear to me and I doubt that is the case.

We are a one vehicle family and require a reliable sedan; the Toyota dealer is close by and the Lexus is a three hour drive each way, we cannot have the only car down for extended lengths of time.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Reply to
justB.

The answer is in your manual. Change the oil when required.

No Toyota that had its oil changed when required had a sludging problem, and don't let any of the anti-Toyota trolls here try to convince you otherwise.

0% of those who had their oil change when required were affected.

End of discussion.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

"High Tech Misfit" ... | justB. wrote: | | > 1. Does the Camry (namely the 2007 XLE) and the ES350 have flaring and | > sludging problems still? Where can I find the definitive answers for both | > the Toyota and the Lexus sedans? | | The answer is in your manual. Change the oil when required. | | No Toyota that had its oil changed when required had a sludging problem, and | don't let any of the anti-Toyota trolls here try to convince you otherwise. | | | > 2. What percentage of all of these vehicles were affected? Reading all of | > the bad posts would indicate that the problems are epidemic in numbers, but | > it is not clear to me and I doubt that is the case. | | 0% of those who had their oil change when required were affected. | | End of discussion.

Oh no - you guys used the S-word.

I'm so glad my killfiles work well; you just *know* they'll come out from under their rocks.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Flaring of the transmission has only on been reported on the 6spd A/T. If you have the 5Spd Toyota released a TSB to upgrade the ECM last Jan

07.
Reply to
EdV