Transmission Problem

My 1993 Camry is nearing its end... Shes had a good run for almost 200k with no major problems, but as of the past two weeks, the
transmission seems to be going. Last week the car wouldnt go forward, but it reversed without a problem. I added transmission fluid (for older cars) and it seemed to solve the forward problem, but now it wont reverse at all. It wont even move backwards when its pushed.
Im buying a new Corolla in less than a week and I was going to give the Camry to my fiancee, but I only want to do that if I can fix it without putting too much money into it. Unfortunately, I cant bring it to a mechanic for an estimate without having them work on it, because at some point theyll need to back it up, even it its just to get it down off the lift. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong and a ballpark figure of how much itll cost?
Thanks in advance!

Take a look at the adjustment on the linkage.

What is the condition of the automatic transmission fluid? If it is black and smells burnt, a transmission rebuild may be in order. When was the last time the transmission was serviced and what was done at that time?
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)