Vehicle Mileage Allowance

Does that men "she" is a "he?"

Reply to
Ray O

The reality is, I can count on one finger the number of problems I have had. I can also testify that my original clutch went in excess of 200,000 miles before replacement, and in 115,000 and 5 years, the front brakes were replaced twice, once when I bought the car at 105k, and then once subsequently. My BMW experience has been one of the least service intensive experiences I have ever had with a car.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

There is a certian truism in that, Ray. But there are lots of Corvettes and Mustang GTs with automatics too, so that isn't a uniquely BMW trait.

PS I have no clue about the opera either, but my BMW has a stick -- and now a fold down top as well.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Sadly, one finds automatics in cars that should only be sold with manual transmissions like Aston Martins, Ferraris, & Porsche.

I have not studied the demographics of Corvettes and Mustang GT,s but to me, its seems like the Corvette is favored by empty nester 50-somthings who decided to give themselves a treat, and Mustang GT's by twenty-something females (like my daughter-in-law). Neither of those demographics appreciate what those cars can do.

At least YOU know how to equip a BMW!

-- and now a

Oh yeah, you're in an area where one might enjoy a drop-top for more than a couple of months a year. Here in the Chicago area, it is either real hot or real cold, with perhaps only a couple of months in the spring and fall where one might enjoy driving with the top down.

Enjoy your new ride!

Reply to
Ray O

There's no question in my mind that when you get a good BMW, they're just about perfect. I guess my views were influenced by the horror stories my friends who worked at BMW used to tell.

Reply to
Ray O

Me too...

My roomate in College had a 2002tii that his mother gave him. He kept it 4 months and gave it back. She asked why, he said he couldn't afford it. She said, I GAVE it to yu, he said it was costing $250 a month in repairs. It was a '74 or '76 and this was '78...

WHAT A CAR!!! 5 Speed and the thing ran like it was on rails! I took a corner that I could take at 45 MPH MAX in my Corolla 1200 at 70MPH (er, perhaps a wee bit reckless there...) but no tire squeal or squirm...

What a car.

Reply to
HachiRoku