Wanted: a 1981 Supra in good condition.

Hi Toyota fans: I'm looking for a 1981 Toyota Supra (5-ME) with automatic transmission, with a good body, good powertrain and good everything else. (in other words I don't want a crap junker). My current 81 Supra (the second one I've owned) is close to death (body cancer and oil guzzling) and I would very much like to have another 'cause I love this car. Supra fans can relate to this, I'm sure. I live in Canada, Southern Ontario, just west of Toronto in Whitby. e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (remove the 666 to reply)

Reply to
Eric Oktober

If you want one without body cancer, you'll have to go shopping way far south. Like 'South of the Mason-Dixon line' south. South far enough to where snow and road salt are only a rumor.

Problem being that a 25 year old Supra that is still in drivable shape is very likely to have a whole lot of miles on it (150,000 plus) just not a rotten body. Buying a 25-YO car like this would make sense if your car has a rotten body but a good powertrain that you could yank out and reuse in another car - but you admit it yourself that your old engine is 'guzzling oil'. So where's the advantage?

Then you have to pay off the Customs folks to get it into Canada.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Bruce L. Bergman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

shopping way

South far

drivable

(150,000 plus)

make sense

could

yourself that

advantage?

Canada.

Thanks for your feedback, Bruce. Main problem about getting it back to Canada is the logistics of transport. Thanks again.

Reply to
Eric Oktober

Yeah. Things have eased up a bit since NAFTA; but the big problem was the TAX! Whooo-Weeee!

It was always much easier to get a Canadian model into the US. My '88 Supra came from a dealer in Toronto.

BTW, I have been to Whitby a couple times in the late 80's. I like it up there!

Reply to
Vash The Stampede

Check out the website

This discussion list specializes in older models and sometimes there's cars for sale. You can also look on ebay

Brian

Eric Oktober wrote:

Reply to
Limnos