1981 Toyota Celica - Value Estimate

I have a 1981 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback with a 22R Engine and a 5 speed transmission It has been sitting in the garage for the last several years and I'm thinking about selling it. The body is in very good condition for a car of its age. The worst part is a rusted section behind the drivers side rear wheel, but I have a replacement section that can be welded in place to repair that. Otherwise it looks really good. When I took it off the road several years ago it was running well.

My problem is that I have no idea what its dollar value might be. Can anyone give me some clue what a car like this might be worth?

Thanks for your help.

--David

Reply to
David G. Hoch

Try looking for similar cars like that on ebay and in your local paper.

Also try looking in antique care magazines. Being 26 or 27 years old, it is considered an antique. While people might be interested in fixing it up as an antique, it is going to take a *LOT* of work to restoring to show condition. And as far as a daily driver, it's not worth it, considering all the features newer cars have, like the lifetime warranty on the Dodge powertrains, air bags, pollution controls, better brakes, GPS, etc.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Look here, nadaguides.com, for the latest most accurate prices at which vehicles are being bought and sold in the US

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to