Was someone looking for a Camry 5-speed?

Went to a second-hand seller today to try to trade my Scion, and he had a late-model (2002-2004) Camry with a 5-speed!

Now, I worked at a dealer in '05 and didn't see that late a model Camry with a 5-speed.

I didn't get a price or the exact year, but it was sure in excellent shape!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You can get a brand mew 2009 (yes 09) Camry with a 5 speed manual transmission. As far as I know, Toyota has always offered a manual transmission in a Camry.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

But not with the V6...

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

Yeah, they SAY they offer it, but try to walk into a dealership and actually buy one!

I live just a few miles from the US plant that makes most of the Camrys and I've never seen one with a manual anywhere around here. Do they only ship them to certain places?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

I think all Camrys with 5-speed trannies are imported from Japan. (I may be wrong...I was once before...).

Reply to
Hachiroku

once.....

;-)

Reply to
Tomes

Yes, they ship them to the regions that order them.

Reply to
Ray O

Do you happen to know which regions those are?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Your dealer can order one. Often, they can get trade to get one from another dealer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Not any more. The Boston Region used to order a fair number of Camrys with Manual transmissions, I'd bet the Kansas City Region also orders some. Your local Toyota dealer should be able to order or locate one for a trade.

Reply to
Ray O