Water pump started making noise, then transmission leaked majorly...connection?

So my water pump (2007 Toyota Corolla) started making a gravely noise. Bought new water pump on my way home, and it seems as if the transmission just blew up. Started leaking very badly, and not from the pan but somewhere I cannot seem to visually see without removing components. Is there a connection between these two components and am I majorly screwed? Thanks for replying/whatever info is available.

Reply to
gtudor81

"gtudor81" wrote in message news:c9068$51e815ee$42bb6765$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Perhaps your auto transmission cooler in your radiator sprang a leak and radiator coolant got into your transmission. The high pressure coolant in your radiator was greater than the transmission oil pressure in the coolant lines so the water entered the trans. The water pump noise was it turning when dry. Did your car overheat or perhaps it did not get a chance if you shut if off fairly soon after the noise. Check to see if your transmission fluid level is overflowing. Could spell doom for your transmission. I think clutch adhesive is soluble in water not to mention that the lubrication properties of water are poor.

Reply to
uncle_vito

They should be completely separate coils with no connectiona at all between them. In the scenario you suggest, that would be a total catastrophic failure of the radiator, and a lot more things would be happening like a blown head gasket, etc.

It could be there was a lot of blocakge in BOTH coils of the raditor, perhaps for some related reason and the pressure just built until something blew.

I would certainly have both coils in the radiator checked for flow and pressure.

Reply to
Hachiroku ハチロク