Way OT: Gastric bypass surgery

"That Guy"...

How sad. That's as bad as cutting yourself, IMO.

I saw a guy on Penn & Teller's "Bullshit" show, who was such a strict vegan that he ate absolutely nothing but a few types of plants. He was in like his late 30s, early 40s, but has osteoporosis, is malnourished, and is impotent. Yet he's convinced he'll live to be >100...even if he *does*, who the hell wants to live like *that?!*

My former housemate (not a boyfriend, just a roommate) was from New Zealand, and was on a macrobiotic diet:

Some of the crap he ate smelled *terrible*! I told him I'd rather die at 50 than to eat that muck for 100 years!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Why not have the fat person go to a fat farm? It would probably be cheaper than gastric bypass.

The fat person is marched until nearly dead just about every day. Whips are occasionally used on the recalcitrant (I said OCCASSIONALLY). Given nutritious but appropriate portions of food. If they somehow overeat or smuggle snacks in, they are severely beaten (this would be like the flood for the dogs).

This would work better and be cheaper.

Some people may have to literally sign their lives away. Their apartments are searched daily for snacks, etc. They are weighed daily and have a camera record all their moves. If they violate anything, they are beaten. We'd have kind of a "fat police" policing these fat people.

Reply to
st-bum

This is probably supposed to be funny (gawd, I hope so), but it's too serious a subject for suggesting inflicting even more pain on these folks.

Yes, both methods employ pain, but what you're suggesting absurdly is using negative re-enforcement and abuse. The key to any long-term weight loss is to change one's habits. Until you can do that, nothing will work for long.

Abuse will just add more psychological baggage.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Most of the pumpkins you see in stores have pale, nearly-tasteless flesh that works as pie filling if you load it up with sugar and spices. Some heriloom pumpkins, though, have deep orange flesh and are delicious when baked.

Um, hmmm, I don't know... Give me a hint? ;-)

Reply to
That Guy

That's a great idea for a lot of people! However, it doesn't work with me. Just a taste? One taste is all it takes to release the raging demon in my brain. One taste sharpens and intensifies the cravings a thousandfold at least, making them about as easy to resist as the tides.

Reply to
That Guy

I considered not putting the answer in that post. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I have some fresh hemlock....for some of my newsgroup buds.

Reply to
sharx35

Rhubarb leaves make a tasty, low calorie treat for that liberal in a hurry.

Reply to
sharx35

Nice try, but liberals are smarter than you give them credit for, & won't touch those rhubarb leaves.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

More's the pity!

Reply to
sharx35

"sharx35"

:-P

I'm a moderate, and I won't touch *any* part of rhubarb.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

In reality, I'm pretty much a moderate - just to the left of the middle line. But I'll eat rhubarb (stems) - provided they've been cooked & have lots of sugar added!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.