which of the portables?

Hi

I am questioning a not wired one if it picks up satellite signal as well as a wired system.

Between the "Magellan RoadMate 700" and the "Garmin StreetPilot 2620" and the "TomTom GO". Which one is the best and the differencies please?

Thanks alot! E.

Reply to
Erina Mashes

I've owned (7) GPS models, and all have worked great. Garmin and Magellan portable units are MUCH better values, easier to update, and better supported than OEM systems.

Read here for everything you wanted to know:

Happy reading!

Reply to
Bonehenge

The only difference is that the "wired" receivers have an external antenna, and the portable / mobile units have the antenna built in. Good reception with either is no problem as long as the antenna/unit has a clear view of the sky.

Did you consider the new Garmin C330? Looks like that would be a great unit for in-car use.

Travis Jordan

Lots of handhelds have external antenna jacks. Antennas are $30-50.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

where DO i GET ONE FOR THE ROADMATE 700?

Reply to
Erina Mashes

Dangnabbit, those search engines must be taking today off. Well, maybe they will come back up tomorrow. If so, try this:

Travis Jordan