wiring 95 Corolla

My car was broken into and they ripped the wires off the rear window defogger switch when they pulled the radio console. Now I don't know which wire goes where! Went to the local dealership and they didn't have the wiring diagram for my model. Their diagram showed 3 wires and mine has five. They said a tech would have to trace each wire down (sounds too expensive). Where can I find a wiring diagram for a 95 Corolla, built in Canada with a 7A-FE engine, to just hook up the wires again?

thanks in advance

Reply to
wags

Hmmmm...try calling Customer Care. It will take a while.

I'm surprised, because when my Corolla GTS got ripped, the dumb-asses did the same thign, and all they had to do was unhook the homemade harness I made (at an Aircraft OEM parts manufacturer, using aircraft style connectors) and the local Toy dealer was able to get me the correct wiring diagram, with the color codes.

He probably gave you the first one he came across. Try another dealer.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Try techinfo.toyota.com - they have factory repair manuals and wiring diagrams on line for most 1990 and later Toyotas and Lexus vehicles. I think access is something like $10 a day. Or, you could try another dealer.

Reply to
Ray O

You may find some success with an electrical tester. I would guess that two of those wires are for the light for your ashtray or something similar. Try pulling fuses and ascertain which ones are still live, using the tester, of course.

Reply to
Viperkiller