Yaris Cassette Carstero

I'm looking for it. Can You help me?

Reply to
<elburlador

What year Yaris? Does it take a standard size radio - single or double DIN?

I'm sure Italy has automobile wrecking or salvage yards, and good working cassette stereos are one of the bits that they take out for resale.

Take your old radio out first and either bring it to the yard, or take a close up picture of the connections on the back. Toyota has changed the connectors on the back of the radios a few times, and to keep the job simple you will want a radio that plugs right in.

You may want to salvage the mounting brackets off your old radio, so do not throw anything out.

If you buy an aftermarket radio, or a radio out of an older/newer Toyota that has different wiring connections, be sure to buy an adapter plug for the wiring. Rather than cut the factory connector off your car's wiring harness, they sell you a plug that mates with the car harness connector, and that plug has loose wires you hook up to the new radio. They also make plugs for the back of the radio with loose wires.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Hi Bruce, thank you very much for your tips. I' ve already checked out at car wrecking but without success. What I really need is a Dual 20 W BTL Power IC (n. AN7198Z). Do you know where can I buy it? There was no way to find it in Italy.....

Thank you very much Regards Luca

"Bruce L. Bergman" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
<elburlador

Oh, you just blew up your old one... That's different. If you have a proper temperature controlled soldering station, you can fix it, or have a friend with the right tools do it.

Go to

or
for a good search engine, perfect for finding part numbers like this. And you might have to go outside the country for this - but that's the great thing about the Internet, no borders.

I typed in "amplifier AN7198Z" at Google and on the first page I found a supplier in Great Britain

Then there's
who wants you to subscribe before they tell you where to buy the part - sounds like a scam to me...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman