Yaris? xA?

Got behind an xA yesterday; the Scion logo looked like a Toy logo from a distance, and for a little while I thought I was behind a Yaris.

Interesting; with the passing of the Echo and the Celica, there are no real 'interesting' Toyotas. There is the Prius, but all that remains (in the US, anyway) is the Corolla, the Matrix, the Camry, the Avalon and a bunch of SUVs, the most interesting being the RAV4 and the Highlander.

What a crappy line-up! All old people's and Yuppies (er, Soccer Mom's) vehicles. Wait, I forgot the Solara, squarely aimed at someone like me; middle aged, still likes coupes, but wants more refinement (um, screw the refinement..I want a buzzy, seat of the pants car...) and the Avalon. My

83 YO Mom likes Avalons, so that'll tell you something...

Then factor in Scion. There's where the REAL Toyotas are! The xA is a continuation of the Tercel/Echo/Yaris theme, the xB (WTF *IS* an xB???)and the tC. I think the next car in my driveway will be the tC, kind of a cross between a Corolla coupe and a Celica. I like it! Now, If I could just get my hands on a Picnic or that gull-wing thing I saw...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I read in the paper today that Toyota may introduce the 3-cylinder Vitz in the U.S.

Reply to
Ray O