03 Camry Altise

Hi,

If I was a Commodore owner I would probably start this message with gday or sup.

What can one do with the 03 Camry in the way of boosting its power - its a V6 and goes very hard as a standard vehicle but there is always room for improment. On straight road I have hit 220kph in my Camry and the only thing I can pick is that it had a fair bit of wind noise in the drivers window.

Mike

03Altise
Reply to
Michael

Switch to synthetics in motor, trans and differential , be sure timing is correct. get nitrous .

Reply to
m Ransley

If you want to go faster than 136 mph (220 kph) you need a different car - one with "Z" rated tires, and a turbo - or significantly larger displacement. Probably the simplest upgrade would be a 2005 Camry with the newer engine - variable valve timing adds power. Re read first sentence. Nissan "Z" car, Corvette, German cars, - even so many cars are speed limited to 150 mph so you're not going to be gaining much for more expense and less economy and reliability. Hey, if you've found places you can drive at those speeds, you'll find you can get places really fast.

Reply to
Daniel

Mike, I don't think this group whiich is predominantly US would know what a C'dore is. For those interested, it's GM's largest selling local-content effort out in here in Oz. Most have the reveamped Buick V6 ( an upgraded all alloy is coming with VVT an such),..but there is a 285+ KW V8 motor with associated goodies (6 spd manual trans etc) avail for high end buyers.

Wait for the supercharged V6(same 3 L) Camry to arrive in a couple of yrs. Supposed to be in the region of 185 KW.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I have topped 240 km/h in my 2002 LE V6 and the wind noise was fixed with a TSB update. Gotta love that smooth V6

Reply to
Car Guy