03 Camry HID conversion

Hi, I own a '03 Camry SE, everything stock. I plan to upgrade the headlights to HID (8000k), and maybe fog lamps also.

- Are "Projector headlights" required, or stock reflector headlights OK ? Anybody have any pictures as example to show me ?

- On Ebay, there is an item called . Anybody bought one of these sets of headlights ? These comes with a "halo" effect. Anybody knows how they are supposed to be wired? On parking lamps? DRL's are activated on my car. Won't the halo effect be hidden by the drl's or low beams ?

- Anybody tried to install HID's on their 02+ Camry Fog Lamps?

Thanks for help. Jeremie

Reply to
Jérémie Bédard

Are you sure there is an Hid conversion, I think it would cost you 1000 or so, you require a ballast and electronics, the Halo light you describe sounds like a gimmic, the halo might be around the light. A good set of fog lights is all I have ever needed, Piaa makes very good lights and wiring harness with lifetime warranty. Piaa also has higher watt replacement bulbs. You need to know Lumen Output to shop wisely, advertisements on increased output mean nothing, they must be rated. I use 2 sets of Piaa on my camry. "Projector" lights are Spot beams, a narrower beam than High beam and only for roads with no oncomming traffic.

Reply to
m Ransley

Check this out

I fail to understand why would someone do a thing like this to aperfectly nice car.

More links to HID info:

J=E9r=E9mie B=E9dard wrote:

?
Reply to
Tom

Be aware Aftermarket HID kits are not DOT approved. Not legal for street use and you could be sited

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Thanks for the links !! Very complete description. I searched for a few days and I never found that forum before :-)

According to their comments, I think I will stay away from thes projector lamps until new stuff is available on ebay, especially for HIDs & projector headlamps for the Camry's.

Anyway, I may upgrade to a BMW in a few years.

Thanks, Jeremie

"Tom" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Check this out

I fail to understand why would someone do a thing like this to aperfectly nice car.

More links to HID info:

Jérémie Bédard wrote:

Reply to
Jérémie Bédard

You could also have problems if you ever had an accident at night & the insurance found out about the NON DOT headlights. IF I was a cop every ah I saw with them would get a ticket!!!! I would sugest you check local laws

Reply to
sqdancerLynn