How are the headlights on a 14 Focus SE?

So debating getting HID lights for my 14 Focus SE.

Curious - I have 3 lights - or at least 3 settings - DRL, Headlights, and high beams.

So are these 3 separate bulbs? ie if I add HID's, do I lose DRL (which I never really use) or do I lose high beams?

And - my previous car was a 04 Hyundai Sonata - I added HID's, and they sucked. Apparently, you need a - sorry forgot the name of it - reflector? designed for HID's. It basically was the internal housing the headlights sit in. Since the stock one was designed for regular halogen or whatever bulbs, the HID didn't work optimally. Will I still need to replace that if I add HID's on the Focus?

Thanks :)

Reply to
Evan Platt

"Evan Platt" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Is that Focus the same as a Mitsubishi Eclipse?

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

????? Sorry, not sure I follow...

Reply to
Evan Platt

My mistake. Different animals & headlights.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Unless hids are available as a factory option, don't even think about it. NO conversion will be better than the factory lightoing, and none will be legal. An add-on HID on the focus will be NO better than it was on the Hyundai.

Total waste of money and effort.

Reply to
clare

Derfinitely not.