1990 Camry Clicking Sound during slow tight turn

My son's 1990 camry has a clicking sound momentarily at slow speed during a tight turn. Never hear it very often just under these combination of events. Do I have a drive shaft spline going bad or a CV joint dying on me. I'll check the boot tomorrow.

Reply to
mlambie

Doug

If its clicking already you'll probably need the CV joint and a drive shaft...

JCM900

I've pulled drive shafts on manual tranny front wheel drives but never automatic tranny's. Is it basically the same job only heavier?

Also, how hard is it to reband the CV boots after replacing the joints and do you need a special tool.

If anyone else has accomplished a CV replacement, please let me know what I am in for or point me to the right link. Thanks.

Reply to
mlambie

Sorry, I won't be much help there. I had it done at a shop for $270.

-JCM900

Reply to
JCM900

point me to the right link. Thanks.