1997 camry dashlight on

I bought my camry used, so I don't have a owners manual with it. Just recently a light started coming on intermittently. It's the first "idiot" light on the dash next to the seat belt light. Appears to be a car with either the front or rear lights accentuated. I've checked both front and rear lights and they appear to be opperating correctly. Sometimes if I turn off my headlights for a min, the light will go off. Any idea of what this is? I'm sure someone out there has more knowledge than I have, since I have none :) Thank you in advance.

Reply to
snmx20

A bulb is burnt out, try looking at all your lights and turn signal and brake light operation. Its probably a brake light.

Reply to
m Ransley

Start your car without your foot on the brake pedal. Turn on your lights and watch the dash light out indicator, if the dash indicator comes on then you have a tail light out. If no dash light indicator comes on, press on the brake pedal while watching the dash indicator. Now if the light comes on, you have a brake light out. Have someone outside of the vehicle to help tell which bulb is out.

Reply to
mustang65