Toyota Camry Rear Speakers

I have a 1996 Toyota Camry V6 (Vienta) with factory supplied rear speakers that are shot and need to be replaced. I can't figure out how to take the speakers out. There are three screws holding the speaker up but these appear to be screwed into two nuts that appear to be welded to the car frame of the boot. There doesn't appear to be any way I can get the speaker grill off from inside the car. Advice wanted please.

Reply to
David Ross

badgolferman

Have to remove entire rear seat to get the parcel tray out. The speaker is not a regular 6x9 either --- it has a triangular (3 bolt) fastening system. I got my speakers from Crutchfield in US and they were ~6" round ones with a plastic mounting piece. I put in Sony 3way and made a huge difference in sound -- did doors too.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Try here for an illistrated view of speaker replacement...

also shop at
to get your new speakers.

Reply to
Im Right