2003 Camry V6 XLE Oxygen Senson bad

The "service engine soon" light came on while driving my 2003 V6 XLE with

23000 miles. Took it to the shop and it was diagnosed as a bad oxygen sensor. My wife took the car in for repair the other day. The service desk person told her that customers, overfilling the gas tank, often causes this problem. Does toping off the gas tank really cause this problem?
Reply to
No Name

In news:2HyVb.8574$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net, No Name being of bellicose mind posted:

No. Overfilling ... better known as 'stuffing' the fuel tank -could- set evaporative emission device/sensor failure codes. Simply failing to tighten the fuel cap will set an evaporative/purge control failure code. Somebody is stroking you while on warranty.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

I topped off my Camry on every tank for 3 years and the light never came on.

And by topping off, I mean that the fuel level was visible in the pipe and it wouldn't take another drop without spilling.

Reply to
Chris Aseltine