2003 TOYOTA CAMRY DRIVER POWER SEAT

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry LXE. While cleaning the car yesterday, I slid the driver's seat forward. After vacuuming underneath the seat, the seat would not slide backwards again. All other hydraulics to the seat work. I can hear it wanting to move, hear some clicking underneath the seat when I power the horizontal handle to the seat, but it just won't slide backwards and I have been driving around with my knees in the dashboard. Anybody have any suggestions?

Reply to
cingram1963

There is a TSB about inoperative power seats out in June 03. Not sure if this applies to your model. There were problems for years before that:

BO017-01 JUN 03 Interior - Power Seat Inoperative/Loose

Check with the dealer and call the Toyota 800 number and see if they are willing to provide after warranty goodwill service. Won't hurt to ask, you might get it free.

Reply to
johngdole

======= Sounds like the seat mechanism simply stuck in the fully forward position. Try turning the cables or gears by hand slightly to free it. Should work fine after being un jammed.

Reply to