2004 camry pzev

hi group,

just bought a camry 4-cyl se 3 weeks ago.

it was only a few days ago that i realized that my car is certified as 'pzev', with that little green sticker on the side window.

am i supposed to be happy for this?

what is the difference with the regular 4-cyl? is the horsepower rating less than the regular? is this car supposed to be a little more/less expensive?

thanks for your responses!

angky d. lee

Reply to
<hotelart

On my Camry it says ULEV (Ultra Low Emission Vehicle).

Reply to
Car Guy

Partial-Zero Emission Vehicle

Try

Believe "normal" Camry is 157 HP - this version is rated at 151 HP.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Do you live in California or one of the four other states that follows California emissions limits?

PZEV means "Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle" (strange term, isn't it?). Basically SULEV compliant at the tailpipe, stricter control over evaporative emissions (fumes from the fuel tank), and perhaps some extra warranty on emissions equipment (see your owner's manual).

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee