2004 camry v6 quote

hi, im planning to buy a camry 2004 v6 from a private party. 30k miles. automatic, fabric seats, alloy wheels, ABS. He is quoting me the price of 17000$. kbb price for private party value is 16000 and for trade in value is 14000$. this is my first car purchase. Do I need to bargain for a price between trade in and the private party value? thanks for your help

Reply to
karthik4x4

Used cars rarely sell for the first asking price, offer 15k and go from there. I assume it is in good condition. Get it inspected by a mechanic you trust.

Reply to
art

It's good you checked KBB. Also look at

and go from there. Edmunds shows $17K is dealer retail. These prices are usually on the high side in my experience. Take it to a dealer and get a quote from there and see if the dealer is willing to pay even $14K.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

I gave less than $16k for my 04 LE with the 3.0 V6 and alloy wheels this week. It had less than 37k on the odometer and is in excellent shape.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck