2005 Camry LE Rear Thumping Noise

I noticed that I get a soft pounding sound from the rear cabin whenever driving on a bump and rough surfaces. Brought the car to the dealer to check (Hamer-Toyota, Mission Hills CA). Got the car back with note "Cannot duplicate customer complaint". They said they found nothing wrong with the car. My old 2001 Altima GXE doesn't do that noise. If that's a normal thing with the new Camry I am sure that a lot of owners will be annoyed.

I also read from another Camry Forum that several owners experience this annoying sound on the 05 Camry (built in Kentucky).

(Note: I deflated tires to 30psi and checked spare tire & tools properly secured).

TP0908

Reply to
epascual

Unfortunately Toyota's are not made the way they use to be. My 2001 Avalon has tons of annoyances and it is my 4th and final Toyota.

Reply to
Art

I always loved Toyota for its reliability. It's my 4th Toyota. I am very happy with my 2004 4Runner. So, I thought getting another one for the wife (2005 Camry LE) is the right thing to do. Wrong! . . . My 4Runner was built in Japan - maybe that's a big difference.

Now I am having second thought about the newer Toyotas built outside of Japan. Oh yes, perhaps this Camry will be my last Toyota.

Reply to
epascual

Take the dealer's service writer on a drive over the road where you have the problem. That should take care of it.

Reply to
Travis Jordan