2007 hesitates upon acceleration

My wife's 2005 camry runs great. My 2007 hesitates when leaving a stop sign or passing another car. I tried to clean the air sensor. Is ther a computer upgrade to fix this? My toyota was built in Japan.

Reply to
s_landa

if its 2007 build with a flat spot its under warranty, get it back to the dealer.

Reply to
videokid400

Is the 2005 Drive-By-Wire?

Reply to
EdV

Electronic throttle is common these days. Nothing fancy. You have a problem with your Camry. Take it back under warranty.

BTW, the 2007 Camry's transmission can skip gears. A Jan-2007 TSB says to junk the old transmission and replace with a new one if it skips gears, because it can't be fixed on the car. Too bad they don't build them like they used to.

Google shows:

Hi, I purchased a new 2007 Toyota Camry LE in August '06. I experienced the same hesitation problem on acceleration that many others have expressed. Toyota issued a TSB on the problem which involves recalculating the computer. My dealer performed the proceedure and my car now runs fantastic. The difference is amazing. Performance is outstanding. A family member drove it and could not believe it was a 4 cylinder-thought is was a v-6. Anyone having the hesitation problem should return to the dealer and have this done. Hope this helps others with this problem. CM Pinellas Park, Fl

Reply to
johngdole

Well it seems to me that hesitation problems occur only on DBW cars, I have yet to hear a throttle cabled car with hesitation problem, hesitation in the sense that the problem is experienced a few hundred miles from buying it new and no other engine related problem involved.

I couldn't find the tsb website I used to visit. Is the jan 2007 that tells the dealer to junk the transmission on the V6 6spd or the I4? I had the TSB on the ECU flash for my 4 cylinder early January and I don't know if there is a better TSB.

Reply to
EdV

guys, I've had this problem every since I bought my 2002 ES300 brand new, the first year for that model to have drive-by-wire. I've gone through several ECU updates, no improvement. I've had to get used to it and adjust my driving habits. Very frustrating because there are times in heavy interstate traffic when you need to hard-accelerate and it lags in an effort to be friendly and gentle to the transmission. There is no fix that I am aware of, as it is the design that Toyota committed to starting around 2000 as they started rolling the drive-by-wire into their entire fleet.

Reply to
Steve Larson