89 camry blows only hot air

I have a 89 camry v6 le with the pushbutton controls for the heater and /ac. Currently no matter where the slider is set I get hot air. Everything else seems to work fan speed and switching from defrost to floor etc. An ideas where to start Thanks in Advance Warren

Reply to
Warren Tremain

Under the hood at the firewall in the middle is the control valve with a cable atached to it move it by hand, in is hot out is cold

Reply to
m Ransley

So do most all of those who frequent this group..blow hot air. LOL Couldn't resist , just too good to pass up. Myself included in the above. :-)

Ramsley is on the right track , if the valve is wide open you get the hottest possible temp inside the heater core , closed no heat at all. Most likely this valve is stuck in the open position. Have someone sit in the car and slide the temp selector while you watch the valve. It should open and close freely. If it's stuck you may be able to remove it and free it up but I would recommend replacing if thats the problem. A new one probably runs in the neighborhood of 30.00.Thats what I paid for a new one for my 96 Camry

2.2.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

I did mine with some PB Blaster. Both the valve and the cable. Runs New.

Reply to
hachiroku

I found the valve which works but the cable is rusted so I'll try and find a replacement Thanks for our help Warren

Reply to
Warren Tremain

For summer just move it by hand at the valve

Reply to
m Ransley