93 4cyl Camry Le: how far will it go?

I have a Japanese made "93 Camry 4 cyl Le since new. It's well maintained and on mobil 1 synthetic oil for a few years now. BIG QUESTION: @ 180,000KM NOW , how much further can I expect it to go? Any comments appreciated.

Reply to
SAM M.

don't know, our 1988 Camry 4 cylinder (sold to brother-in-law) just turned 300,000 miles.

so, I would say you have aways to go.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

I just gave my son my 1991 DX with manual transmission. It has 235,000 miles with the original engine, clutch, etc. I hope that he keeps it until he finishes college in a few years.

Curtis Newt> >

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Provided you have changed the coolant as required as well as you have your oil, and not played brinksmanship with hoses, filters and belts, the engine should go on for another 100,000ks at least.

I have a Camry which was abused in the oil-change department at some stage of its life, but at 160,000ks it still runs well.

If the water-pump is original, I would consider changing it.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

If there is a deer standing on the road and you don't see it, you can expect to go about another 50 yards.

Make sure you change the transmission oil every 70000 km and you should get

300 000 at least.
Reply to
Rewire

this may give you some idea... Owners of toyotas with 300,000-500,000 miles.

ROBMURR

OT, but funny

was following links from "reader's rides" and came across this one:

Daniel M. Dreifus