94 Cam, scuffed wheel covers

Readership ,

Anyone know of a =durable= 'Brand' of spray paint for these plastic 'covers' ??

Hopefully, a 'silver' color .

Ed

Reply to
0_Qed

Rustoleum makes a nice silver or aluminum paint. It's designed for metal, but works just fine on plastic also. Be sure to stir those reflective type paints thoroughly (or shake up a spray can well) before application to mix the reflective metallic particles.

Reply to
Daniel

Rustoleum it 'is' ... silver, gray primer 'under'.

?Supposedly' the covers are 'ABS', supposedly an easy 'paint' material .

Found a 'ref', on ABS painting, that suggested a good 'wash' with detergent , removes any 'surfacing' mold_release agents.

Good thing the decorative acorn 'nuts' are removable ...

Funny, little useful detail mention of the 'cover' in either Owner's/OEM Shop manual ...

Yes. a spray can 'job', a quiet day, on the 'flat'.

The covers came off, changing winter 'studs' to summer tires , and, of course , of course ... filled with =new=, 'summer' air .

Thanks for your advisory, Ed.

Reply to
0_Qed

The back of the can should have preparation instructions. Would imagine rubbing alcohol would be a good general preparation to remove any residual grease or dirt.

Probably not my business, but did you know if you line up the center of the hood with the upper edge of the curb your tires will wind up in just the right place?

If you live in a crowded area with lots of parallel parking this may not apply.

Reply to
Daniel

Maybe alcohol Plus detergent ... my earlier 'ref' suggested that the embedded ABS, mold-release agents continue to 'emit' for a while.

Not at 'all'.

:-) The 'prev' owner scuffed 'em up for me. A "14th_century" B&R musician , he bought the Toy hybid to replace the Cam.

Was in the process of changing from studded 'winter' to quiet 'summer', thot I'd refresh the covers too.

:-) We have a few real curb stones , downtown , and a real Stop sign. Normally, our nite sky is dark, except for the stars.

Ed.

Reply to
0_Qed